Are you sure you’re targeting millennials the right way?
Do you know what are their digital attitudes and what are their major interests? And what are their gaming habits?
Do you know how Millennials discover and interact with brands while online? And what can brands do to appeal to a Millennial?
All these questions and more have answers in the 2019 Millennials report brought to you by GlobalWebIndex. Keep reading to know how to target millennials in 2020.
Let’s take a quick glance;
What Are the 2019 Millennials Characteristics?
- Millennials are the generation aged 23-36 years who born between the early 1980s and mid-1990s.
- 70% of millennials internet users are living in urban areas, 65% of them are full-time workers, and 45% are married.
- 71% of all millennials’ internet users are home-owners. They are avid social networkers as they spend an average of 2 hours & 50 minutes per day on social media.
- 52% of female millennials are moms. The average millennial mom is 31 years old. 81% of them are married and 66% with one child.
Some of the Millennial Generation Characteristics 2019
Millennial Media Consumption 2019?
- The smartphone is the most used device by millennial internet users. More than a quarter of millennials watch videos on their smartphones only.
- Social media is the most popular form of entertainment for millennials with an average of 2h 44m of a millennial’s day.
- 93% of millennials use another device while watching TV. They are most likely to be heading to social media when they second-screen, with 69% social networking and 65% messaging friends.
- Regarding music streaming, Google Play Music is widely used in the Asia Pacific and the Middle East and Africa, while Spotify is most popular in Latin America and Europe.
A Figure Shows the Gaming Habits of Millennial Internet Users 2019
Millennials Social Media Usage 2019:
- In 2019, the average time spent on social media by millennials is 2 hours and 44 minutes each day, or around 18 minutes longer than average.
- 9.3 is the average number of used social networks by millennials.
- Facebook and YouTube are the most used social network outside China, while within China, WeChat is the most popular platform among millennials internet users.
A Figure Shows the Most Used Social Networks By Millennials in 2019
The Content of the”Millennial Attitude Report 2019“:
- Key Findings
- Profiling Millennials
- Device Usage & Online Privacy
- Media Consumption
- Social Media Engagement
- The Purchase Journey
- Notes on Methodology
- More from GlobalWebIndex
Number of Pages:
The Millennial Attitude Report 2019 draws insights from GlobalWebIndex’s Q1 2019 wave of research across 45 countries, with a global sample of 139,397 respondents.