Search Engine Journal’s released its second annual survey on the global state of digital marketing to help marketers know how to work, what to spend and how to measure success via analyzing answers from more than 230 digital marketers. The report gives a closer look at how the digital marketing industry is changing and an overview of the most important global digital statistics.
The demographics of who shared in the second annual survey:
- SEO Specialist Expert: 34%.
- Manager/Multi-discipline: 28%.
- Business Owner: 12%.
- Content Marketing Specialist: 10%.
- PPC Specialist: 9%.
- Social Media Specialist: 7%.
The key findings to update your digital marketing strategy:
- 78% of respondents believe that businesses should perform a full SEO audit every six months.
- 56% said that they never perform SEO audits for new clients.
- 59% of respondents spend $1,001 – $5,000 on SEO tools per month.
- 62% spend $1,000 – $5,000 on monthly PPC campaigns.
- 91% also stated they use remarketing campaigns. This makes sense, as 91% find remarketing effective.
- 91% of respondents optimize their PPC campaigns for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- 84% said they believe businesses can have an effective, organic social media campaign.
- 62% said they would pick Facebook over any other social media platform out there.
For measuring social media’s effectiveness, the top three metrics used are:
- Reach 75%.
- Engagement (likes, upvotes, and comments): 30%.
- Traffic: 26%.
A Chart Shows The Percentage of Performing SEO Audits For New Clients.