Consumer habits are changing every day, their today needs are different than what they wanted years ago, which means that marketers must change the way of the market and sell to match the way people actually want to shop and buy.
Below are the top challenges and priorities facing marketers and sales reps. today:
- The majority of marketers (70%) today focus on converting leads into customers and growing traffic to their website (55%).
- 61% of marketers are focusing on improving their SEO presence, 53% are focusing on creating more blog content that can be found via search.
- About a third of the sample (32%) think that the most overrated marketing tactics are Paid advertising.
- 63% of marketers said that their top challenge is generating traffic and leads.
- 38% of salesperson said that getting a response from prospects is getting more difficult.
- 36% think that the telephone is the most successful channel for the sales reps to connect with a prospect.
- 61% of marketers believe that their organization’s marketing strategy is effective.
- 69% of C-level executives believe that their organization’s marketing strategy is effective.
- 55% of individual contributors believe that their organization’s marketing strategy is effective.
The Chart Shows Companies Top Sales’ Priorities Over 3 Years
6,000+ respondents replay on a global online survey, which was available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. The responses were sourced via email invitations, blog promotion, and social sharing.