The 17th edition of Twitter Trends UK analyzed reach, engagement, customer service, and content on Twitter in 10 integral industries in February 2017 and results come to show that:
- Finance Industry: Bank of England, Barclays UK, and Lloyds Bank have the biggest Twitter accounts.
- Media industry: BBC Breaking News is the biggest Twitter account in the UK and has the most activities.
- Music Industry: One Direction and Adele have the biggest accounts and the biggest number of activities per tweet.
- People: Adele, Emma Watson, and Wayne Rooney own the biggest Twitter accounts in the UK.
- Politics: Sadiq Khan owns the biggest Twitter account, while The Labour Party has the highest number of activities.
- Press: The Guardian grabs the biggest Twitter account and the highest number of activities.
- Sport: Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale, and Manchester United have the biggest accounts in this group.
- TV stations: BBC Sport holds the biggest accounts and the highest number of activities.
- Technologies: Xbox UK, PlayStation UK, and Nintendo UK are the biggest UK Twitter accounts among this category.
- Telecommunications: O2 in the UK, EE, and Virgin Media also have the biggest Twitter accounts.
A Graph Shows The Most Mentioned Twitter Profiles, 2017.