There is a continuing shift to online of basics purchases like underwear and casual wear. There is also great progress in omnichannel nature of apparel retailing. In the UK, 55% of Gen Z spend their own money on clothes and nearly one-quarter of UK sales in apparel and accessories now being made online.
Find out more about the UK apparel e-commerce:
- Only 21% of UK digital buyers who aged 18-24 years make digital purchases several times per month, compared with 17% of who aged 45-54 years.
- 67% of Gen Z prefers to purchase in-store most of the time, compared with 22% prefers online purchasing.
- 60% of Gen Z said that they influence household apparel purchasing.
- The average cart value with an apparel item in Q3 of 2016 estimated with £45.55.
- The average apparel & accessories basket size was £48.26 and the average unit cost was £20.13.
- With so many complementary products possible, over 3 products on average are in every cart.