The nature of online shopping in Brazil and Mexico is different from other countries due to the characteristics of its demographic and people culture, the individual’s standard of living, annual income and other factors. Online shoppers in Brazil and Mexico are more likely to use more mobile apps. They also turn to marketplaces more than ever.
Here are some trends and insights into online shopping in Brazil and Mexico in 2018:
Online Shoppers Behaviour in Brazil Versus Mexico – An Overview
- 88% of online shoppers in Brazil and 87% in Mexico are satisfied with their shopping experience.
- Desktops/laptops are the most used devices for online shopping in both Brazil (88%) and Mexico (87%), followed by smartphones (86% in Brazil & 83% in Mexico), and tablets (85% in Brazil and 83% in Mexico).
- Most of the online shoppers in both Brazil (40%) and Mexico (35%) search for products/services online and buy online too.
- Almost all online shoppers in Mexico (99%) have purchased from a marketplace. “Better prices” is the major reason for doing so at a rate of 63%.
Shipping and Delivery in Brazil Versus Mexico
- Same-day delivery is the most preferred shipping options for 59% of online shoppers in Brazil and 58% of online shoppers in Mexico.
- 38% of online shoppers in Brazil have made a return in the last year, while only 22% in Mexico have done so.
- 55% of online shoppers in Brazil and 52% of shoppers in Mexico prefer to alternate delivery locations.
Cross Border Shopping in Brazil Versus Mexico
- 81% of online shoppers in Brazil and 78% of online shoppers in Mexico have made an online purchase from an international retailer.
- 73% of online shoppers in Mexico tend to purchase from the US, whereas 63% of online shoppers in Brazil tend to purchase from China.
- In terms of the top reasons for shopping at an international retailer, 60% of online shoppers in Brazil ranked the better prices as their top reason and 51% of those in Mexico choose the lower prices.
A Graph Shows the Preference for and Usage of Alternate Delivery Locations in Brazil Versus Mexico – 2018
Data were driven from 2,200 online shoppers from Latin America (Brazil and Mexico). Respondents made at least two online purchases in a typical three-month period.