Online shopping across all regions is booming in alignment with the key role of smartphones. Driving this uplift is a desire to find better prices and unique products with more choices, control and convenience.
Find out a deep insight into online shoppers’ behaviors and preferences from 6 regions including the US, Asia, Europe, Canada, Mexico and Brazil:
- Brazil comes at the top of all surveyed regions in terms of satisfaction with overall online shopping experience with a rate of 88%, followed by Mexico (87%), the US (85%) and Europe (81%).
- When it comes to expectations on delivery time, online shoppers in Asia (73%), Mexico (59%) and Brazil (51%) expect to be able to be eligible for next-day delivery.
- Online shoppers in the US were most likely to ship items back to a retailer with a rate of 75%.
- Online shoppers in Asia make the highest percentage of their online purchases using smartphones with a rate of 77%, followed by Mexico with only 57%.
- Online shoppers in Canada are most likely to purchase from an international retailer with a rate of 83%, followed by online shoppers in Brazil.
- Almost all online shoppers surveyed have purchased from a marketplace thanks to the better prices and free/discounted shipping.
A Graph Shows the Top Reasons for Shopping at an International Retailer – 2018
Data were driven from over 18,000 online shoppers worldwide.