Personalizing customer experiences, whether on your website, in an email push, or during a social media campaign, requires you to deliver content that takes into account the context of customers’ current and previous brand interactions.
Follow these main and important 10 personalization tactics:
- Give first-time visitors a special welcome and offer “how-may-we-help-you” content with different directions to different site areas.
- Treat potential customers like existing customers because focusing on existing customers can reduce support calls and other customer service inquiries.
- Connect and retarget inbound experiences to generate volume traffic from search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), display advertising, social media targeting, social posts, email campaigns & etc.
- Leverage geolocation to serve up content specific to the location and to highlight the closest stores based on where the customer is.
- Connect personalization to conversions and enable personalization based on the triggered goal.
- Take their mobile context into account. This is your chance to deliver a relevant experience based on their mobile context.
- Take advantage of visitor profiling to understand the customer’s interests accurately and present them with the most relevant, related content you can offer.
- Score your customers. This helps you to determine a visitor’s likelihood to become a customer based on their digital activities.
- Let customers connect with social media accounts.
- Make a journey map. The result of mapping the buyer’s journey is that you will provide customers with an experience personalized to a specific milestone. This means they will be more engaged.