How do you spot success in email marketing if you don’t know what success looks like?
The new study conducted by Campaign Monitor analyzed millions of email campaigns to help marketers get the most of their email marketing efforts.
The 2019 Campaign Monitor’s email marketing benchmarks provide you with valuable information about the health of your email sends. They allow you to find opportunities to improve your email marketing strategy and, ultimately, get better results.
The 2019 Email Marketing Benchmarks Study Highlights in a Capsule
- The email average open rate is 17.92%. The nonprofit industry has the highest open rate (20.39%).
- The email average click-through rate is 2.69%.
- The email average unsubscribe rate is 0.17%. It reached its peaks in both the automotive & aerospace industry and the real estate industry (22%).
- The email average click-to-open rate is 14.10%.
- The Agriculture, forestry, fishing, and hunting industry grabbed the highest click-through rate (3.66%), and the highest click-to-open rate.
- The email average bounce rate is 1.06%. Logistics & wholesale industry has the highest bounce rate (1.4%).
Related: Email Marketing Benchmarks – US and Canada, 2018
Average Email Benchmarks for All Industries. Check the Full Study and Know more About the Email Marketing Benchmarks by Industry & by Day
Use the Hunter MailTracker and see when your email is read, how many times it was open and the type of device used to open it.
The Best Time to Send Marketing Emails Vs the Worst Time:
- The best time for the highest email open rates is on Thursday, while the worst day is on Sunday.
- The best time for the highest click-through rates is on Tuesday, while the worst time is on Sunday.
- The best day for the highest click-to-open rates is on Saturday, while the worst day is on Monday.
- The best day for the lowest bounce rates is on Monday, while the worst time is on Friday.
- The best day for the lowest unsubscribe rates is on Sunday or Monday, while the worst day is on Wednesday.
The Best Time to Send Marketing Emails 2019
Related: What 16 Studies Say About the Best Times to Post on Social Media in the US
A Special Focus on How to Improve Your Email Deliverability [Quick Tips]
- Send using custom authentication.
- Using double rather than single opt-in.
- Make it really easy to unsubscribe.
- Avoid using URL shorteners.
- Don’t send it from a free domain email address.
- Don’t send emails with too many images.
Related: Email Deliverability Guide: Making It to the Subscriber Inbox
The Table of Content of the “Ultimate Email Marketing Benchmarks 2019”:
- Email benchmarks by industry and day, based on real campaign data
- Best days for email marketing
- Worst days for email marketing
- Top industries by open rate
- Top industries by click-to-open rate
- Understanding email marketing metrics and how to improve them
- Email open rate
- Email click-through rate
- Unsubscribe rate
- Email click-to-open rate
- Spam rate
- Email bounce rate
- Email deliverability
- How to use benchmarks to improve your email marketing