The increasing move to online sales for holiday shopping is part of an ongoing trend that has been seen for years. Holiday shopping season already starting for many consumers but business owners are wondering if buyers will spend more, same or even less than the last year.
Take a glance at the digital buyers spending compared to the last year in holiday season:
- High-earning millennials reported that they will spend the same or more than they did the last year with a rate of 92%.
- Millennial dads & large metropolitan areas will spend the same or more compared to the last year with a rate of 89%.
- Hispanic millennials will spend the same amount of money or more with a rate of 87%.
Take a glance at who will spend in 2018 holiday season purchasing compared the last year:
- Unemployed shoppers will spend less than the last year with a rate of 21%.
- Shoppers with average income <$25K will spend less in the holiday season with a rate of 18%.
- Small towns & rural areas will less compared to the last year at a rate of 17%.
A Graph Shows Online Shoppers Spending in 2018 Compared to 2017.