Content marketing presents a pull mechanism for the marketers rather than a push one. It’s a gentler approach to traditional advertising and product or price promotions. Brands must consider their brand identity and the market they are trying to reach in order to create targeted and valuable brand content that delivers on strategic objectives. Content marketing embodies an organization’s core brand elements. It uses a variety of media formats such as text, video, photographs, audio, presentations, e-books and infographics to tell the brand or company’s story.
Take a glance at the B2B marketers most used techniques of researching their targeted audience for content marketing purposes, 2019:
- Sales team feedback is ranked as the most used technique used by B2B marketers in researching their targeted audience for content marketing purposes with a rate of 74%.
- Website analytics is ranked as the second most used technique by B2B marketers for researching their targeted audience for content marketing at a rate of 73%.
- Keyword research comes at next as a user research technique by B2B marketers at a rate of 65%.
- Secondary research is also listed as a used technique by B2B marketers for content marketing researching purposes with a rate of 53%.
- Primary research is used by B2B marketers to research their target audience for content marketing purposes with a rate of 50%.
A Graph Shows The B2B Marketers Techniques of Researching Their Targeted Audience for Content Marketing Purposes, 2019.