The use of social media platforms has become widespread over recent years for many, the use of these social media platforms has become a daily routine. Particularly for younger generations, social media has become an integral part of their social life. For others maybe these platforms don’t seem to be so interesting or they might be interested in using them for a purpose, such as for searching information, even businesses have become interested in social media, too and are establishing their presence in platforms.
Take a glance at the top motivations of using social media platforms, 2019:
- 40% of surveyed internet users reported that they use social media to stay in touch with what their friends are doing & to be updated with news and current events.
- 37% of surveyed social media users indicated that they use social media to fill up their spare time.
- 36% of surveyed internet users reported that their reason for using social media is to find funny or entertainment content.
- 33% of surveyed internet users mentioned that they use social media to share photos and videos with others.
- 31% of surveyed internet users said that they use social media platforms because a lot of their friends are using it.
A Graph Shows Social Media Usage Motivations, 2018.