Baby boomers are the generation born between 1944 and 1964, they are the largest and most economically well-off generation in developed markets since the largest share of them entered their peak earning years in the late 1980s and 1990s. As boomers move into retirement and their children become older and more independent, many will have more time and disposable income to pursue their personal interests through entertainment or leisure activities.
The Key Findings of The “Baby Boomers: Profiling The Mature Consumer, 2019” Report:
- 51% of surveyed baby boomers reported that when they buy a product the price is more important for them than the brand name.
- 70% of boomers have recently used a second screen while watching TV.
- 55% of boomers are watching TV for more than 2 hours per day.
- 74% of surveyed baby boomers reported that finding information is the main motivating factor for using the internet.
- 94% of baby boomers have a social media account, but the range of activities is more limited.
- 38% of surveyed baby boomers said that their main reasons for using social media are to stay in touch with what their friends are doing.
- 30% of surveyed baby boomers want their brands to make them feel like a valued customer.
- 48% of baby boomers mentioned that high-quality products are the main factor that motivates them to advocate a brand.
- 59% of baby boomers reported that search engines are their most used products research channel.
- 43% of baby boomers are discovering brands from ads seen on TV.
- Free delivery is the main factor that would increase the likelihood of baby boomers of purchasing products online with a rate of 68%.
A Graph Shows the Social Media Usage of Baby Boomers, 2019.
Related Articles: Are You Sure You Target Millennials the Right Way? Check 60+ Mind-Blowing Stats About Millennials 2019
The Content of The”Baby Boomers: Profiling The Mature Consumer, 2019” Report:
- Key Insights.
- Demographic Context.
- Targeting Baby Boomers.
- Personal Lives.
- Working Life.
- Media & Technology.
- Device Ownership.
- Brand Engagement.
- Notes on Methodology.
- More from GlobalWebIndex.
Number of Pages:
This report draws insights from GlobalWebIndex’s Q3 2018 wave of research across 44 countries, which had a global sample size of 113,932 respondents. All figures in this report are drawn from GlobalWebIndex’s online research among internet users aged 16-64.