Online advertising continues to deliver enormous growth which has surpassed €40 billion in total revenue. Online advertising also now leads TV by over €7 billion.
Gain insights into the state of online advertising in 27 European markets and read the following highlights:
- European online advertising investment totaled €41.9 billion in 2016, up 12.3% from €37.3 billion in 2015.
- Paid-for-search has the biggest online format and registered the growth rate of 12.9% and a market value of €19.1 billion.
- Mobile was the key growth engine of European online ad spend across formats in 2016 as mobile display advertising grew by 52.9% to €5.4 billion.
- UK (€14.2bn), Germany (€5.9bn), France (€4.2bn), Russia (€2.6bn) and Italy (€2.3bn) are the top European markets in terms of online ad spend in 2016.
- Online advertising growth totaled €41.9 billion in 2016, up €37.3 billion in 2015.
- The strongest online advertising growth came from Romania, Slovenia, and Ireland, with 36.9%, 33.2%, and 31.4% respectively.
- Online ad spends per capita estimated with €56.4 in 2016.
Mobile Advertising Insights:
- European mobile search spend totaled €5.5bn and mobile display ad spend totaled €5.4bn, an increasing rate of 52.9% for both.
- In terms of mobile display ad spend, the top 5 countries by value were the UK, France, Italy, Germany, and Norway, while the top 5 countries by growth were Serbia, Romania, Turkey, France, and Croatia.
A Graph Shows The Online Advertising Formats, Year-Over-Year Growth Rate.