Consumer behavior has been defined as the “acquisition, consumption and disposition of products, services, time and ideas by decision-making units”. It is the study of individuals or groups select, purchase, use or dispose of products, service, ideas, or experiences to satisfy needs and desires.
Generation X, those born between 1964 and 1982, often get ignored next to the massive influence of boomers, millennials and Gen Zs. While Gen X may be smaller in numbers than millennials, they may well be in a better position to be big spenders over the next decade. Gen X was the first generation with majority of them and their parents working jobs and out of the house most of the day. They came along at a time when the divorce rate was dramatically rising, leading to more single-parent households and more independent decision-making children.
- Staying up-to-date with the news and events is the main reason for generation X Internet users to use social media platforms with a rate of 39%.
- Search engines are the most used channel by surveyed generation X for making a brand or product research with a rate of 55%.
- The free delivery factor is the main reason that motivates surveyed generation X internet users to make online purchases with a rate of 58%.
- The high-quality products are the main reason for online generation X shoppers to promote a brand online with a rate of 48%.
- YouTube is the platform that generation X Internet users are most likely to be visiting with a rate of 84% monthly.
A Graph That Shows Gen X Internet Users Who Have an Account or Have Visited The Mentioned Social Platforms in The Past Month, 2019.
The Content of “Global Traits of Generation X, 2019” Report:
- Key Insights.
- Profiling Gen X.
- Device Trends.
- Media Consumption.
- Social Media.
- Commerce & Brand Engagement.
- Notes on Methodology.
- More from GlobalWebIndex.
Number of Pages:
This report draws insights from GlobalWebIndex’s Q1 2019 waves of research across 45 countries, with a global sample of 49,253 Gen X internet users aged 37-55.