COVID-19 pandemic impact has affected all industries and undoubtedly taken its toll on all of them. Of course, businesses have been forced to adapt to the ongoing changing circumstances on the go, blindsided.
This pandemic impact report evaluates COVID-19’s impact besides adaption to the “new normal”, in light of this matter, SEMrush has gathered market data on several industries. Without further ado, let’s get through the report.
Online Shopping Behavior Impact: General E-tailers & Fastest-Growing E-commerce Categories
It is obvious that at the start of the COVID-19 crisis, we saw some amazing online shopping demand spikes; the following chart shows the “buy online” searches in all regions from March 20 to October 19
- Moreover, the consumer demand for online shopping from general retailers is now slowing down because businesses have started reopening their brick-and-mortar facilities besides some Government-initiated financial incentives to maintain shoppers’ confidence have ended.
- As shown in February 2020 the average growth of interest in online shopping was at a surprising 20%.
- However, in March the numbers were already down to 5%.
- Additionally, June-August’s interest growth stabilized at 10%.
Fastest Growing Ecommerce Categories by Traffic in All Regions
According to the pandemic impact report and due to WFH and stay-at-home measures, the three product categories showing the highest traffic growth rates are home and garden, comes next is food and groceries, finally, sport and outdoors, with a 40-50% increase in demand YoY.
The following chart shows the fastest growing eCommerce categories by traffic in all regions;
The Table of Content of “Adapting to the ‘New Normal’, or Evaluating the Pandemic Impact” Report:
- WFH impact
- Online shopping behavior impact
- Consumer demand impact
- Competitor analysis in uncertain times
- #1. Discover the most threatening market players
- #2 uncover rivals’ traffic acquisition strategies
- #3. Steal the limelight with a smart paid strategy
Number of Pages: