Influencer marketing saw explosive growth in 2016, by a majority of marketers have used the tactic, with the content being the top driver, 94% found it effective.
Below are valuable key insights that can help marketers to inform their 2017 influencer marketing strategy:
- The 2 top benefits of influencer marketing are creating authentic content about their brand (89%) & drive engagement with their product/brand 77%.
- Budgets are increasing in 2017 to $50,000 – $100,000 per influencer marketing program.
- 48% of marketers planning to increase their influencer marketing budgets in 2017 and only 4% planning to decrease their investment in the channel.
- 78% of marketers think that measuring the ROI of influencer marketing as their top challenge for 2017.
- Half the marketers reporting that cost-per-click (CPC) (25%) & cost-per-engagement (CPE) (25%) pricing models are the most effective for driving results.
- Facebook (87%) & Instagram (87%) are the most used social media platforms to their influencer marketing strategy.
A Graph Shows the Average Time Used for Managing an Intire Influencer Marketing Program in 2017
This survey was conducted in November 2016 across a variety of industries, including CPG, Food & Beverage, Media, Retail. 170 marketers have participated, half of them (48%) were marketing managers, 19% were directors, 7% were VP/SVP/EVP, and the rest of them were between the C-level and assistant/coordinator.