Do you know that 80% of customers say the experience a company provides is as important as its products and services? Do you know also that 84% of customers prefer being treated like a person, not a number?
Salesforce Research has surveyed over 4,100 marketing leaders worldwide to provide an overview of how marketing is evolving in the Fourth Industrial Revolution and how they can hone their tactics, and toolkits to meet customers’ expectations.
Key Findings of Marketing & Customer Experiences:
- 54% of high-performing marketing teams lead customer experience initiatives across the business.
- 3 out of 10 marketers surveyed use customer data to create more relevant experiences and are completely satisfied with results.
- 55% of marketing teams collaborate with service teams to manage and respond to inquiries and issues over social media.
A Figure Shows the Percentage of Marketers Who Are Completely Satisfied with Their Marketing Activities
Content of the “State of Marketing” Report:
- Executive Summary
- Introduction: Marketers Contend with Customers’ Ever-Rising Standards
- 1. Marketing Becomes the Cross-Functional Glue of Customer Experiences
- 2. New Realities Up the Ante for Data Unification
- 3. AI and Trust Underpin Customer Experiences
- 4. Marketers Strive for Real-Time Engagement Across Channels
- Last Look: Marketers Revamp Metrics and Measurement for a New Era
- Country Profiles
- Industry Profiles
- Survey Demographics
Number of Pages:
Data was driven from a double-blind survey conducted from August 13 through September 23, 2018, on 4,101 responses from full-time marketing leaders — those holding a manager or higher leadership role. The survey respondents are from North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Europe regions.