The Alpha generation is overloaded with messages from brands, choosing the right channels including relevant trusted advisors like online influencers will be critical if you want to cut through all the noise to reach the next generation of shoppers. But just as important is ensuring that the journey from social media to a site is seamless. Without this seamless transition, retailers won’t be able to harness the pulling power of influencers to convert alphas into customers.
Generation Alpha are not born inherently different from millennials or generation Z, but their personalities, motivations, and outlook will be colored by their shifting surroundings of the huge amount of technology power, the great access to technology will lead them to new ways of the thinking by this powerful generation.
Take a glance at what influence Alpha generation the most to make purchases, 2019:
- Online videos are ranked as the most influential for surveyed generation alpha to make purchases with a rate of 24%.
- TV ads and social media posts are ranked as the second top influential channels that drive surveyed generation alpha to make purchases with a rate of 19%.
- Pictures on websites and applications come at next as an influencing factor that drives surveyed generation alpha to make purchases with a rate of 13%.
- 12% of surveyed generation alpha mentioned that nothing is influencing them to make purchases.
- Online ads come at last as an influential factor that drives surveyed generation alpha to make purchases with a rate of 8%.
A Chart Shows What Influence Alpha Generation Mostly to Make Purchases, 2019.