Since the outbreak of COVID-19 and online shopping has increased due to the lockdowns worldwide. Not only that but also the consumer’s behavior has changed since the COVID-19 outbreak.
Without further ado, let’s check some eCommerce insights and the online consumer spending from Q1 2021 to Q2 2021.
eCommerce Insights: 26% of Consumers Say Their Online Spending Will Stay The Same Or Decrease
The following charts show the online consumer spending in Q1 and Q2 in 2021, starting with Q1 2021:
- Consumers say their online spending has increased.
- Moreover, 24% say spending decreased.
- As well as 37% say spending stayed the same.
- 39% say spending increased.
- Not only that but also there was a 6% increase in the percentage of consumers who said their spending stayed the same.
- Additionally, while overall spending trends are mostly consistent with spending trends late in 2020, the amount of consumers who have increased their online spending is higher – a 5% increase since
- this time period.
Download the consumer trends 2021 report here.
On the other hand, here is the chart of online consumer spending change in Q2:
- According to the eCommerce insights 2021, most consumers said they expect their online spending to stay the same or decrease during Q2 (April through June 2021).
- 26% say spending will decrease.
- As well as 51% say spending will stay the same.
- In addition to 23% say spending will increase.
61% of Consumers Use a Personal Computer to Shop Online:
According to eCommerce insights, 63% of consumers shop online weekly or more often. Here’s a chart that shows the top devices consumers use to shop online:
- According to the chart, 61% use a personal computer as well as a mobile phone or smartphone.
- On the other hand, 34% use Tablets.
- In addition to 13% who use Smart speakers.
- and only less than 1% use other devices.
Know more about the consumer trends insights in 2021 here.