Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms in the UAE. It is important to know what are the popular social media platforms in every country in order to address your target audience.
Let’s begin with the Facebook insights and usage in UAE in 2020;
- According to Facebook insights and usage in UAE, UAE is known for its high number of ex-pats in the country; this is reflected in the number of English users on various social media platforms. The usage of platforms such as Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn is continuing to grow in the UAE; this will not change anytime soon in the MENA region.
- Based on Crowd Analyzer‘s insights, the dominant language on Facebook in the UAE is English. This comes as no surprise since the number of online ex-pats is the highest among the selected countries. It is the only country with over a million female ex-pats. Another unique point for UAE Facebook users is that the number one page is actually Sky News Arabia.
- Based on Facebook insights and usage in UAE, there are 8 million active users in the UAE. 6 million of them are male users, while 2 million of them are female users.
- English users dominate with 7.3 million, however, the Arabic users are 1.8 million.
- The number of active male users who access Facebook via the Android device is 5 million, compared to 1.1 million users who access via iPhone.
- The number of active female users who access Facebook via the Android device is 1.6 million, compared to 680K users who access via iPhone.
Make sure to take a look at more social media insights in the MENA region here.