The impact of social media on the global communications landscape over the past decade has been profound, during that time, social networks have become mainstream, as social channels have grown from nascent services to media behemoths.
The Middle East has also seen the impact of this evolution in communication. As elsewhere, social media in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) is used for a wide range of purposes from information gathering and entertainment, through to e-Commerce activities and different forms of creative expression.
- Facebook is ranked as the most used social media platform in Qatar with a total of 2.70 million monthly active users.
- Instagram is ranked as the second most used social media platform by Qatar internet users with a rate of 930.0 thousand active monthly users.
- Twitter comes next as a top used social media platform in Qatar with a rate of 708.5 thousand monthly active users.
- Snap chat also listed as a used social media platform by internet users in Qatar with a rate of 525.0 thousand active users monthly.
- LinkedIn is listed as the least used social media platform with a rate of 760.0 thousand monthly active users.
A Figure Shows The Social Media Advertising Audiences in Qatar, 2019.