Needless to say that social media continues to change our surroundings in many ways, and social media marketing has grown to become an indispensable part of every firm’s strategy. That makes social media marketing a highly tracked place full of analytics, statistics, behaviors, and trends especially in the Middle East, the region lacks abundant studies in this area.
In an attempt to satisfy the hunger of marketers for information about social media use in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, Crowd Analyzer has launched the most comprehensive report on social media in the Middle East in 2019.
In this year’s version, the report includes a thorough analysis of the use of social media by eight key industries including ride-hailing, media, automotive, banking, finance, telecommunication, e-commerce, fintech, and special coverage to Hajj season. The analysis covers various social media metrics such as reach, engagement, sentiments, preferred platforms, preferred languages, location & more.
Without further ado, here are top-line findings of the state of social media use across the MENA region:
Social Media Use in KSA, UAE, and Egypt in 2019:
- Saudi Arabia continues to dominate the highest number of Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat active users (13M, 11.27M, and 13.8M, respectively).
- Egypt has the highest number of Facebook active users (39M), followed by KSA (15M), and then UAE (8.8M).
- The United Arab Emirates has the highest number of LinkedIn active users (4M), followed by Egypt (3.6M), and then Saudi Arabia (3.5M).
- Males dominate the use of all social media platforms in the three surveyed countries, except in the terms of the Snapchat where female active users are more than males in all surveyed countries.
A Figure Shows the Interests and Hobbies of Snapchat Users in KSA in 2019
Now, it’s time for social media use across some industries within the Middle East region in 2019
Using Social Media by Finance & Fintech Industries in the Middle East in 2019:
- KSA has the highest Finance buzz on social media in terms of financial issues estimated at 68.87%, while the UAE has the highest buzz in terms of Fintech.
- The majority of users in KSA and UAE used Arabic to publish their content and tweets about finance services. Moreover, males are much more likely than females to do so.
- Concerning the Fintech industry, English is the most used language to publish content and tweets.
A Map Shows the Fintech Buzz on Social Media in 2019
Social Media Usage by Ride-Hailing Companies in the Middle East in 2019:
- KSA has the highest ride-hailing buzz on social media estimated at 70.4%, followed far by Egypt (12.05).
- Arabic is the most used language to publish content and tweets about ride-hailing on social media in Egypt and KSA, while in UAE English language is the top.
- Males and female users across the region expressed a majority of neutral content. However, the negative content was twice the percentage of positive content.
- @ADS-Saudi_ and @Kabaten1093 are the top ride-hailing influencers in terms of interactions on posts they published about ride-hailing.
A Figure Shows the Different Expressions of Genders About Ride-hailing on Social Media
Number of Pages:
Data in this report is based on in-depth analytics for social media across 8 industries within the MENA region (Fintech, e-commerce, automotive, media, telecommunication, banking, finance, and ride-hailing).
The analysis is based on companies’ social accounts + Queries that crawled all online posts and activities related to industry surveyed in the middle east.