Instagram target audience research should be one of the first things on the list when developing an Instagram strategy.
No matter what industry you work in, it pays to build a presence on Instagram. But if you really want to get ahead, you need to know the platform and your audience, including what kinds of content resonate most, how to build an Instagram stories strategy, and how to track your metrics and KPIs.
Instagram Audience Overview, 2019
- The total Instagram active users reached over 894.9 million in 2019.
- It’s the leading photo-sharing app for more than 500 million users, and more than 300 million users are considered to be influential.
- The percentage of adults that can be reached with adverts on Instagram is 15%.
- The quarter on quarter growth in Instagram advertising reach is +4.4%.
- Females are more likely to be advertising audience on Instagram than males (50.3% versus 49.7%).
- It worth to be mentioned that, the US owns the largest number of Instagram active users.
An Overview on Instagram Users in 2019
List of Top Countries With the Most Instagram Users:
- The United States is ranked as the top country with a total of 110 million Instagram active users and 34% penetration rate.
- Brazil comes in second place with 57 million active Instagram users and 27% penetration rate.
- Indonesia comes next with 53 million and 20% penetration rate.
- India holds 52 million active Instagram users only a 4% penetration rate.
- Turkey has 33 million Instagram users 41% penetration rate.
The Highest Instagram Penetration by Country:
On the other hand, Brunei Darussalam, the country with only 210 thousand active users on Instagram, is ranked in the first place of the highest Instagram penetration rate of 49%, followed by Sweden in the second place of penetration rates with 47% with 4.7 million active users.
In-spite that the United States is ranked as the largest country with active users on Instagram it has the lowest penetration rate of 34%, compared to the third-highest penetration rate country Aruba with a rate of 46% and 4.7 million active users.
A Graph Shows the Top Countries With the Largest Number of Instagram Active Users and Penetration