Every marketer out there fights to get the best results on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. However, typically, social media marketers succeed on one platform more than the others.
However, it can be said that many experts might be missing one key insight to boost their engagement even further.
Also, the majority of social media experts already have an idea about which social media platform brings more engagement, where to post more, and where to use more videos or photos, however, they are not always right.
Without further ado, let’s get started with social media content insights.
Social Media Content Insights: Brands Post the Longest Captions on Twitter: 110 – 120 Characters
Even though Twitter is the only social media platform with a character limit, Twitter is the social media platform where brands post the longest messages, the messages’ length is between 110-120 characters, and that means somewhere between 10 and 30 words.
The chart below shows the average caption length (characters) by profile size
Social media content insights:
- However, it should be mentioned that the posts on both social media platforms Facebook and Instagram are shorter, they are around 70 characters or less than 10 words.
- It should be mentioned that the perfect posts consist of over 20 emojis, short captions, and albums/carousels on Facebook and Instagram, on the other side, videos on Twitter.
- Moreover, short messages paired with carousels on Instagram and Facebook, and videos on Twitter perform better.
- Even though Twitter is not the most visual of the three social media platforms, but images also perform well on it.
- Talking about Twitter, post videos with short captions of under 10 words for the highest engagement rate\post – 0.26%.
Profiles With Fewer Than 5,000 Followers Receive on Average 4.85% Engagement Rate on Instagram
In light of the social media content insights, it is reported that social media profiles with fewer than 5,000 followers receive on average 4.85% engagement rate on Instagram, also 0.85% on Facebook along with 0.19% on Twitter.
The chart below shows the average engagement rate per post by profile size (On Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- As shown in the above chart social media profiles with fewer than 5,000 followers receive on average 4.85% engagement rate on Instagram, also 0.85% on Facebook along with 0.19% on Twitter.
- On the other side, social media profiles with between 5K and 10K followers receive on average 2.18% engagement rate on Instagram, 0.44% on Facebook, besides a percentage of 0.10% on Twitter.
- Moreover, social media profiles with between 10K and 50K followers receive on average 1.96% engagement rate on Instagram, along with 0.26% on Facebook and only 0.07% on Twitter.
- Also, social media profiles with between 50K and 100K followers receive on average 1.80% engagement rate on Instagram, along with 0.18% on Facebook and just 0.04% on Twitter.
- However, for the profiles with over 100K followers, they receive on average 1.41% engagement rate on Instagram, 0.08% on Facebook, and 0.03% on Twitter.
Make sure to check the full social media content insights, 2020 at DMC.