The significant video-sharing platform, YouTube, has made everyone’s life easier since its creation in February 2005 with its headquarter in San Bruno, California; however, Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion and it is one of Google’s subsidiaries.
YouTube has facilitated everything, from learning any skill you want to watch business and career movies. Videos are also available both offline and online. You can interact on the platform via liking, or commenting on a video besides subscribing to the channel to get the latest updates and videos.
Quick YouTube Stats You Need To Know in 2020
- YouTube is the second most-visited website in the world, each visit involves an average of 6.5 pageviews, according to Alexa.
- It is the most widely used online platform among U.S. adults with a percentage of 73%, followed by Facebook with a rate of 69%.
- YouTube hosts over 2 billion logged-in users every month, which is almost one-third of the internet.
- 81% of YouTube users aged 15 to 25 years.
- In addition, the local versions YouTube has launched in more than 100 countries which allows users to navigate in over 80 different languages.
- When it comes to videos, the popular videos of channels with over 250k subscribers are 33% in the English language.
A new study by Wyzowl was conducted to understand the foundational issues that matter to video marketers: usage, spend, return, and channels. Let’s take a look at the YouTube-related insights mention in this study.
Related Guide: The Ultimate YouTube SEO Cheatsheet
The Top Video Marketing Tools Planned to be Used in 2020
YouTube is an important business channel/video platform to communicate with your customers and prospects through posted videos, you can interact with customers using YouTube’s comment functionality.
YouTube stats 2020 shows that:
- YouTube continues to be the primary social media channel for video marketing with a percentage of 88%.
- There are 62% of businesses use YouTube as a channel to post their video content.
- YouTube continues to be the most widely used platform for video marketers, with 85%of video marketers having used it in 2019.
A Figure Shows the Most Used Video Marketing Platforms in 2019
Related Article: Top 5 Social Media Trends 2020 to Spur Your YouTube Community
- It is proven that 90% of people discover a new brand or a product through YouTube.
- 83% of video marketers that have used YouTube said it had been successful for them.
- In 2015, about 78% of video marketers believed that video is an important part of their marketing strategy. Now, in 2020, that number has increased to 92%.
- The average success rate of video marketers, over all platforms, is amazingly high. On average, where marketers use video channels, 79% of the marketers state that it is a success – although this number varies over platforms.
- Audiences like to watch a lot of video content and that plays a vital and main role in their journey with brands.
- In light of that, 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 74% of people report that they have been convinced to download or buy a piece of software or application by watching a video.
To find more stats about YouTube as a Marketing Tool, download “The State of Video Marketing 2020” full report.