TikTok never ceases to astonish us! In the midst of the tragic continuous events and the swift spread of coronavirus globally that made everyone stay home to prevent the spread of it. We have a lot of free time even if we are working remotely but still, we would like to get some fun during this crisis time.
Due to that, TikTok has decided to break the tension with launching a new entertainment and information initiative amid the lockdown besides, giving users a chance to engage and interact with celebrities on the platform and ask experts questions.
“We’ve partnered with a wide range of amazing celebrities and creators to launch something special: #HappyAtHome: LIVE!, a week of nightly programming that kicks off today at 5:00 PM PDT and will run each evening through Friday. The goal is simple: share in a bit of levity, provide some comfort, and embrace the responsibility we all have to do the right thing by staying inside and stopping the spread. There’s a lot we can’t do right now, but this is one small way we can all help each other during these trying times.” TikTok said.
TikTok’s New Live-Stream #HappyAtHome Highlights
- #HappyAtHome is the initiative TikTok has launched this week.
- #HappyAtHome will see well-known musicians, actors, comedians and more.
- They will share a series of live-streams on TikTok at 5 pm, every day of next week.
- On the other side, TikTok didn’t mention for how long it is going to host the said live-streams but it surely has an exciting list of celebrities joining the initiative for the first week.
- The platform also focuses to educate the audience on the current crisis and to encourage social distancing to stop the spread by highlighting the ‘stay home’ message.
- Note the educational element, with streams from the WHO also highlighted.
Related News: The WHO Associates With TikTok to Restrain the COVID-19 Misinformation Transmission 2020
TikTok’s #HappyAtHome Schedule
There is no clear news about how the platform will run the program, there are many celebrities who are aligned with TikTok:
- Motivation Monday: Starting the week with inspirational talks, workouts, dance classes, and cooking tips featuring Tyra Banks, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Derek Hough, tWitch & Allison Holker, and Eitan Bernath.
- Kick Back Tuesday: connect with some of TikTok’s most popular creators for game night, makeup tutorials, and chat sessions with the likes of Loren Gray, Charli D’Amelio, Adam Ray, and Addison Rae.
- Show & Tell Wednesday: Hear from Dear Evan Hansen star Jordan Fisher, step into magic tricks with Zach King, keep it real with the iconic actress and entrepreneur Tracee Ellis Ross, and much more from TikTok’s diverse community of creators.
- EduTok Thursday: We’re teaming with the likes of Dr. Phil and Bill Nye for thoughtful conversations, advice, and life tips you don’t want to miss. besides continuing to Livestream Q&A sessions with the World Health Organization (WHO), which kicked off last week.
- Sound Check Friday: Wind down your week and get hyped up for the weekend with special performances from best artists’ homes to yours. Join GRAMMY award winner and host Alicia Keys, with Jason Derulo, Megan Thee Stallion, Troye Sivan, Meghan Trainor, Yungblud, Hailee Steinfeld, Lauv, Kelsea Ballerini, and DJ Khaled for a night of music, stories and major keys.
TikTok was not the only platform that made an initiative, however, Facebook, Instagram, Google, Snapchat, and YouTube are also playing their part to educate global users by introducing several campaigns including #withme and #stayhome.