Instagram is a natural fit for fashion brands – they receive a lot of engagement from providing their communities with an easily accessible digital window into the brands’ products and images. The foundation of success on Instagram lies in good content planning. If you already have a stable content-creation strategy for other channels, you can apply many of the same tactics to Instagram.
Explore the best practices from fashion brands’ approach to Instagram marketing methods that can be applied to your own strategy for any industry:-
- Out of the top 10 largest profiles on Instagram by audience size, 5 were fashion brands – as were 5 of the top 10 most engaging profiles.
- Fashion brands on Instagram, posted 93% photos and 7% videos, videos received slightly more interactions than photos but it begins to show more engaging since the first half of 2016.
- 93% of images and 92% of videos were uploaded to Instagram without a filter, meaning they were very likely edited outside of Instagram. When fashion brands used a filter, they favored Valencia (1% usage rate).
- It’s important to publish professional-looking images that highlight your brand identity – and that means going above and beyond Instagram’s native filtering.
- Choose your hashtags wisely. Do not overuse them or use an irrelevant hashtag just because it is a trending topic, and don’t feel obligated to insert one for the sake of it.
- The majority of fashion brands use no more than three hashtags.
- Fashion profiles received 3x more interactions, 3x more followers, and grew 3x more followers than other brand profiles in the first half of 2016 (January – June 2016).