Social media is connecting individuals all over the world, where the power of interaction and information sharing has shifted from companies to consumers. A social media influencer is a user who has established credibility in a specific industry, has access to a huge audience and can persuade others to act based on their recommendations. An influencer has the tools and authenticity to attract many viewers consistently and can motivate others to expand their social reach. An influencer may be anyone from a blogger to a celebrity to an online entrepreneur. They must simply capitalize on a niche to attain widespread credibility. Since Instagram’s content is easily digested as images or short videos, it encourages more peer-to-peer sharing, which helps brands improve their target audience reach and consumers to build a solid purchasing decision.
The Key Findings of the “Influencer Marketing Global Survey, 2019″ Report:
- The most popular influencer type for consumers to follow is an entertainment influencer with a rate of 47%.
- Men are most commonly following gaming influencers with a rate of 54%.
- Women are most commonly following beauty influencers with a rate of 56%.
- Instagram is the most popular social media platform with 65% of consumers saying they follow their favorite influencer on this image & video-driven social media channel.
- YouTube is the most popular platform used by men with a rate of 64%.
- Instagram is ranked as the most popular platform used by women with a rate of 70%.
- Watching videos is the most preferred method when it comes to interacting with influencer content with a rate of 64%.
- Fashion content is the most shared type of content by surveyed consumers with a rate of 90%.
A Graph Shows What Brands Are Tracking For Measuring Influencer Performance, 2019.
The Content of “Influencer Marketing Global Survey, 2019” Report:
- The New Online Shopper Interactions.
- Most Popular Influencer Types for Consumers to Follow.
- Where are Influencers Being Followed and What are People Watching?
- How Are Consumers Finding New Influencers?
- Brand/Product Discovery and Shopping Inspiration.
- Consumer’s Purchasing Through Influencers.
- When Do Consumers Share Content?
- How Often Are Consumers Recommending Influencers?
- International Influencers.
- Do Consumers Avoid Clicking Sponsored Links?
- Benefits from Following an Influencer.
- The Authenticity of Influencers.
- When Consumers Distrust or Stop Following Influencers.
Number of Pages:
Data were driven by Rakuten Marketing with Viga in December 2018 and January 2019. The survey includes the responses of 3,600 global consumers interviewed across the United States (1,030), Australia, United Kingdom, France, and Germany.