Instagram is where fashion industry pros live, collaborate, and grow relationships. It’s a place to build brands from a visual standpoint. That led 72% of Instagram users to make a fashion/beauty related purchase after seeing the product on this platform.
Below are the topline findings of how Instagram influences style and fashion decisions:
- 81% of respondents reported that they use Instagram often or very often. 48% of them use it multiple times a day.
- 85% of Instagram users follow accounts on Instagram that are style/fashion or lifestyle-focused.
- 63% of respondents consider themselves a fashion-forward person or someone who is tuned into the latest fashion.
- 29% of respondents cited that they’ve purchased jewelry or jewelry accessories after seeing something on Instagram, 60% of them are Millennials.
- 82% indicated that they don’t use Instagram’s “SHOP NOW” feature.
- 1 in 3 respondents stated they have used Instagram inside a retail store to help their purchase decision. 33% of them are Millennials and 28% are Gen X.
- Slideshows (39%), videos (28%) and paid advertisements (19%) are the top 3 types of content have the most Insta-influence on users.
Data were driven from 2,000 Instagram users.