Marketing automation is the process of using software to perform repetitive marketing tasks designed to boost sales leads, personalize marketing content & messages and in the process, save marketers’ time and effort. The importance of marketing automation is reflected by 94% of the best-in-class marketers, surveyed by Ascend2, indicated that marketing automation is “very important” to the overall performance of marketing.
Take a quick glance at the latest insights into optimizing marketing automation to continually increase performance:
- Creating a successful strategy is the top priority for optimizing marketing automation, followed by improving the user experience with rates of 64% and 50%, respectively.
- Although delivering personalized content ranked the third of top priorities, it ranked the top of most challenge barrier to marketing automation with a rate of 44%.
- 46% of respondents indicated that a marketing automation strategy is very successful in achieving the top priorities.
- Consumer experience mapping is the most effective tactic used to optimize marketing automation by 53% of respondents.
- In contrast, personalized/dynamic content is the most difficult tactic with a rate of 46%, followed by AL and predictive modeling (45%).
A Graph Shows the Top Priorities for Optimizing Marketing Automation in 2018
Data were driven from 250 marketing influencers and research subscribers. The survey was conducted during the week of May 27, 2018.