86% of B2C marketers in North America indicated that their organizations already use content marketing. 55% of them have a small (or one-person) marketing/content marketing team serves the entire organization, while 49% outsource content creation activities (e.g., writing, design and video production).
Read more about the state of B2C content marketing in North America in 2018:-
B2C Content Marketing Commitment & Overall Success:
- 6 in 10 of B2C marketers reported that their organizations are extremely/very committed to content marketing.
- 28% reported their organization’s overall content marketing approach is extremely/very successful.
Content Marketing Strategy & Technologies:
- Only 38% of respondents said their organizations have a documented content marketing strategy, compared to 36% have a non-documented content marketing strategy.
- Analytics tools (85%) and email-focused marketing technology (78%) are the most used digital technologies for managing content marketing efforts.
Content Creation & Distribution:
- 96% use social media posts for content marketing purposes.
- Facebook (97%), Twitter (84%), LinkedIn (69%) are the most used social media platforms for the same purposes.
- 86% use email for content marketing purposes; automated confirmation emails (e.g. welcome emails) is the type of email they use most often (58%).
- 43% of B2C marketers measure the return on investment (ROI) of its organizations content marketing efforts.
Graphs Show the Most Effective Types of Content in North America in 2018
Data were driven from 195 marketers who indicated their organization is for-profit in North America, primarily selling products/services to consumers (B2C) or to both businesses and consumers (B2B and B2C), with the percentage of B2C business exceeding 50%. The survey was conducted during June and July 2017.