Customer experience is fast becoming a top priority for businesses, creating superior customer experience seems to be one of the central objectives in today’s retailing environments. Retailers around the globe have embraced the concept of customer experience management, with many incorporating the notion into their mission statements.
The ongoing digital revolution and the remarkable rise of the commercial Internet over the last decade have transformed traditional business models and empowered customers to engage at their convenience with organizations with whom they interact and transact across multiple channels.
If customer experience refers to the sum of every interaction a customer has with a business, both pre- and post-sale, the customer experience strategy defines the actionable plans in place to deliver a positive, meaningful experience across those interactions.
The Key Findings of the “Customer Experience Report, 2019” Report:
- Improving customer retention/satisfaction is ranked as the top primary objective for a customer experience strategy with a rate of 79%.
- Increasing value/reliability to the user is ranked as the second top critical challenge of a customer experience strategy to achieve with a rate of 54%.
- Customer feedback collection is ranked as the most effective tactic used for improving the customer experience with a rate of 57%.
- A combination of outsourced and in-house resources is ranked as the most effective resources used for improving the customer experience with a rate of 60%.
- Customer retention rate is ranked as the most effective metrics used for measuring customer experience improvements with a rate of 65%.
- 47% of respondents reported that the metrics are continuously measured to determine the success of an online customer experience strategy.
- 71% of respondents mentioned that the total budget will increase moderately to improve the customer experience.
A Graph Shows The Primary Objectives For A Customer Experience Strategy, 2019.
The Content of “Customer Experience, 2019” Report:
- Customer Experience.
- Primary Objectives.
- Strategic Success.
- Critical Challenges.
- Strategies Versus Challenges.
- Budget Trends.
- Most Effective Tactics for Improvement.
- Resource Allocation.
- Metrics Used to Measure Success.
- Measurement Frequency.
- Ascend2 Research Partner Programs.
Number of Pages:
Ascend2 benchmarks the performance of marketing strategies, tactics and the technology that drives them with a standardized online questionnaire and a proprietary 3-minute survey format. This survey was fielded to a panel of marketing influencers and marketing research subscribers, 301 marketing influencers who responded to this survey during the week of September 9, 2019.