96% of technology organizations in North America use content marketing, with 45% of them in the sophisticated/mature phase of content marketing. 43% of organizations that use content marketing in North America depends on small (or one-person) marketing/content marketing team serves the entire organization. Furthermore, 67% of technology marketers surveyed outsource at least one content creation activity (e.g., writing, design, video production).
Read the below points and be in the Know the state of technology content marketing in North America in 2018:
Content Marketing Commitment & Overall Success
- 1 out of 5 technology content marketers in North America reported that their organizations are extremely committed to content marketing, while 47% are very committed.
- Only 28% indicated that their organizations are extremely/very successful in content marketing, compared to 50% who see it moderately successful.
- In a comparison to the last year, just 21% claimed that their organizations’ content marketing this year is much more successful, and 47% claimed that they’re somewhat more successful.
- The effective and high-quality content creation (78%) and the development or adjustment strategy (72%) are the top two factors contributing to increasing content marketing success.
Content Marketing Strategy & Technologies
- 43% said that their organizations have a documented content marketing strategy, and 34% have a non-documented one.
- Analytics tools were the most used for managing content marketing efforts with a rate of 91%, followed far by marketing automation software with a rate of 75% and the content management system with 71%.
Content Creation & Distribution
- Social media posts (excluding videos) and case studies are the most used type of content that North American marketers use for content marketing purposes with rates of 96% & 87%, respectively.
- eBooks/white papers, case studies and research reports were the most effective types of content marketing with rates of 75%, 59% & 31%, respectively.
- Emails (e.g., newsletters, welcome emails) is the most used format to distribute content with a rate of 98%, followed by social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter) with a rate of 91%.
- LinkedIn (97%), Twitter (94%) and Facebook (89%) are the top social media platforms for content marketing purposes.
- Event emails (75%) and lead nurturing (74%) are the most used types of email for content marketing purposes.
A Pie Chart Shows the Percentage of Technology Marketers in North America Who Have a Content Marketing Strategy in 2018
Data were driven from 274 respondents who indicated that they work in for-profit technology organizations in North America (90% B2B, 8% B2B+B2C; and 2% B2C).