Communication is a key part of an operator’s broader relationship with customers for enabling them to interact easily with end-users. Nowadays people are increasingly relying almost entirely on their mobile phones to communicate with others.
Check the below insights to study more about the use of traditional mobile operator voice and SMS services across four markets:
- Facebook has grown to 900 million monthly active users, up from 700 million last year.
- Facebook Messenger & WhatsApp together handle 60 billion messages a day.
- There are more than 4 billion SMS users worldwide sending 20 billion messages a day.
- 64% of internet users send SMS daily compared with 75% who use instant messaging.
- 80% of respondents said that they make or receive mobile phone calls daily while 27% make or receive video calls.
- In Spain, 89% of respondents use WhatsApp for chat/instant messaging (IM) weekly, while 53% use Facebook messenger, 35% Twitter and 23% Google.
- In India, 69% use WhatsApp, 43% use Skype and almost 3 quarters of the respondents use Facebook Messenger for instant messaging or chat each week.
- In the US, 54% of respondents use Facebook Messenger at least once a week for a chat and instant messaging, compared with 25% for Twitter. Only 18% use Skype (for IM) and 17% use Google. But Skype leads the VoIP (15%) and video call (24%) markets.
- In China, 80% said that they use QQ -for group chat- at least once a week for a chat and instant messaging, while 44% use WeChat, compared with 32% that use Weibo.
The Chart Shows The Mobile Usage Frequency Across Countries
Data were driven from 4,045 internet users across Spain, India, China, and the US on March 2016.