Digital Marketing Researches & Reports

Key Factors Marketers Need to Know About Social Media Engagement & Influencers | Insights in Marketing

Influencer Marketing | USA

It is a vital key to know how to communicate with your target audience. As a marketer, it is significant to know how to reach your target audience and to engage with them to achieve your marketing goals.

With more than 2 billion users of social media worldwide, social media can provide your company with a great social media engagement opportunity with your customers and show your brand.

This infographic includes all you should know about social media influencers and social media engagement.

Let’s take a sneak peek;

Social Media Engagement by the U.S. Users

The consumers’ engagement with social media is influenced by the famous people they follow, this can help marketers further refine marketing strategies and tactics.

The chart below shows consumers’ social media engagement insights:

social media users in USA

  • There are 88% of adults over 18 years old on social media versus only 12% who are not on social media. That means there are nearly 9 out of 10 U.S. adults over 18 who engage with social media.
  • As mentioned earlier that the people they follow can help marketers to engage better with their audience, as surveyed, there are 66% who follow famous people, on the other hand, 34% don’t follow famous people. That means there are nearly 7 out of 10 follow famous people on social media.

The difference between men and women on social media:

Another thing that should help marketers with their marketing strategies is to understand consumer behavior whether they are men or women.

  • Men are more likely than women to follow famous people because of the products or services they showcase. It has been surveyed that 50% of men do that.
  • On the other hand, women have a less percentage of 39%.
  • Additionally, Men are also more likely to take action such as buying, watching, attending, etc., based on what a famous person says about something on social media.
  • As surveyed a percentage of 34% of men take action versus only 22% of women take action.
What Social Media Users in the USA Follow on Social Media (Men Vs. Women)

A Figure Shows What Social Media Users in the USA Follow on Social Media (Men Vs. Women)

Tips for Better Social Engagement With Your Audience

Here are some ways to help you engage with your target audience, customers, and clients:

  1. Focus on providing value: by sharing news, tips, information, and teaching.
  2. Put your company mission to work: find a way to connect your company mission to your clients, and make sure to highlight that on social media. This is a great way to expose and show off your company mission while you are already connecting with clients and receiving engagement.
  3. Make it interactive: your social media strategy should be more interactive by posting votes, contests, and polls. There is one important thing you should not neglect and it is to always respond to comments.
  4. Be the solution to their problems: make sure to post content that solves your target audience’s problems, also, make sure to engage with them via comments and direct messages.
  5. Respond to queries: although it can be difficult to interact with every single follower on social media, make sure to make efforts to reach them.

Related Guide: 9 Ways to Increase Social Media Engagement

Number of Pages:

  • Infographic of 1 Page

Pricing:

  • Free
  • RELATED ARTICLE

    Subscribe for our newsletter!

    Fields marked with an * are required

    COPYRIGHTS DIGITAL MARKETING COMMUNITY 2019