The influence of social media has been felt in the recent political uprisings in the Arab world. In the Arab region, the tools of social media played a crucial role in mobilizing. Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, or Blogs, they all have found themselves central to the uprisings in an unprecedented way.
The usage of social media has been extensive, yet there is a high current, comprehensive and accurate accounting of social media use available. According to the Arab social media outlook, social media is actively competing with conventional media as a primary source of news for millions of Arabs.
In this post, we will take a look at the social media platforms statistics in Saudi Arabia in 2019 and 2023, let’s take a look at the updates now!
Take a Glance at the Social Media Platforms Statistics of KSA, 2019:
- According to the social media in Saudi Arabia statistics, Facebook is ranked as the most used social media platform in Saudi Arabia with a total of 15 million monthly active users.
- Instagram is ranked as the second most used social media platform by Saudi Arabia internet users with a rate of 13 million active monthly users.
- Twitter comes next as a top used social media platform in Saudi Arabia with a rate of 11.27 million monthly active users.
- Snapchat is also listed as a used social media platform by internet users in Saudi Arabia with a rate of 13.65 million active users monthly.
- LinkedIn is listed as the least used social media platform with a rate of 3.40 million monthly active users.
A Figure Shows Social Media Advertising Audiences in Saudi Arabia, 2019.
Integrate data now from any channel and analyze it in real-time in order to understand your customers on a whole new level with Adobe Analytics.
Let’s take a look at more information and statistics about social media in Saudi Arabia…
Social Media Stats of KSA in 2020:
These are the top three platforms used in 2020 according to www.statista.com
Youtube scored the highest with a percentage of 26.25
- Instagram scored the second highest
- Twitter came in the third place.
Social Media Platforms Usage of 2021:
- These are the complete Stats of social media usage in KSA in 2021 which was equivalent to 79.3 percent.
Here’s a Glance at the Internet users in Saudi Arabia in 2022:
- In January 2022, there were 34.84 million internet users in Saudi Arabia.
- According to the social media in Saudi Arabia statistics, Saudi Arabia’s internet penetration rate stood at 97.9% of the total population at the start of 2022.
- Internet users in Saudi Arabia increased by 505 thousand (+1.5%) between 2021 and 2022.
Social Media in KSA:
- As obvious, social media is becoming an integral part of the Saudi Arabian lifestyle.
- As we can see, today, in 2022, there are 29.50 million people who use social media and users are spending an average of 3 hours and 24 minutes on it daily.
- Moreover, in 2022, there is an increase of 1.7 million users and 20 minutes of daily usage time compared to 2021.
- Looking back at 2021, there is a 1.51 million increase in total internet users 2022.
- Not only that but also, daily internet usage has increased by 20 minutes.
- As well as the current daily average time spent on the internet by Saudi Arabian people is 8 hours and five minutes.
- According to the social media in Saudi Arabia statistics, in 2022, the total Saudi Arabian population is pegged at 35.84 million. 35.09 million of them are internet users.
SEO is king, therefore you have to be very accurate with choosing the right words for your target audience to reach higher ranks. That’s why we choose KWFinder, one of the top SEO tools to help you with choosing the right words!
Social Media in KSA: Popular Social Network Platforms in KSA 2022
As shown in the table below, there are many social media platforms in KSA, however, their user population varies considerably.
- According to social media in Saudi Arabia statistics, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to social media networks.
- That means people who like Facebook might not be interested in Pinterest and vice versa.
- Moreover, there might be people who are active on more than five platforms or just WhatsApp.
- According to the statistics of social media in Saudi Arabia, WhatsApp is popular among 87.4% of the internet’s total population.
- Also, 27.40 million internet users, or 78.10% prefer Instagram to other social media platforms.
- As mentioned in the statistics of social media in Saudi Arabia, Twitter now has 25.23 million active users and that is about 71.9% of the total internet users.
If you’re looking for the best tool for social media management in 2022 no matter what platform you’re using, then you have to use Fanpage Karma.
Social Media Stats in KSA of 2023:
- The demographic breakdown of the social media advertising profile of KSA in 2023 shows that the highest number of users is between the ages of 25 and 34, where males make up 27.9% and females, 13.5%.
- Ages 18 to 24 had the second-highest percentage of users, with men making up 14.9% and women making up 9.9%.
- The third-largest user population belongs to the 34-45 age group, which comprises 14% male and 6% female users.
- People between 45 and 54 years of age make up a smaller portion of the social media advertising profile, with only 4.75% men and 1.82% women.